Saturday, November 25, 2006

Rant from Rob

Coach Rob will briefly stand on his soapbox today. Don't worry, no politics here. Why do networks announce the player of the game before the game is over? ABC just did that for the Florida-Florida State game, but what if FSU drives down, scores a touchdown and a two-point conversion? Who's the say who the player of the game is if that happens?

This is a moot point today because Florida just downed a punt on FSU's one-yard line, but it still irks me. The answer to my original question is because corporate sponsors want exposure before people stop watching the game, but it's still wrong.

2 comments:

Brian Bauman said...

It would be egg on their face. Did Fox do that with the Titans/Giants game yesterday. I don't remember because I was eating dinner and had the volume off.

Rob Robinson said...

I think they did do that with the Titans game yesterday, but Young was one of their picks, so I guess it worked out.